Sunday, February 15, 2015

2014 Shows

   Even though I was practically brain-ded last year, artistically speaking, I still managed to do some shows and get my stuff out there. Most of my inventory is wiped out at this point, but i'm hoping to make a come-back soon, focusing on merging what actually sells and what I want to explore and create.



You can find some of my artwork/stuffs for sale in the Mattress Factory Museum gift shop! It is THE coolest museum in the city of Pittsburgh and still might hold the title as the nation's only all installation art museum. They had a Winter Art Market that I submitted some older paintings to, it was neat seeing other local artists that i've never seen before all in the same space. Check them out sometime if you haven't already!





The Pancakes & Booze Art Tour is a traveling art show that makes stops in big cities and lets local artists showcase their work AND they make you pancakes in a space where there is booze, hence the name. For this, I decided to go big with my largest piece to date: 5' tall by 4' wide. I call this piece 'colossus'. I bought the canvas on super sale at Michaels on Thanksgiving day and easily slaved 10-20 hours on it. My back was a mess for a month after until I could see my chiropractor! You can now see this guy at the Brillobox in Pittsburgh (the bar where LazerCRUNK is held). FOR SALE!!






My good friend and super amazing fantastic grossweirdcool local artist LIZZEE SOLOMON put together a 90's themed group show at the Mr. Roboto Project in November. I was so excited and made these Rocko's Modern Life heads out of Celluclay - a powdery paper mache that you add water to, mold, sand and paint to yr liking. Very cool/messy, but happy with the results! I've been really into experimenting with different mediums lately.



Some cool local weirdos decided to put on craft fair called the 'Freaky Flea', so of course I was in! Low vending cost and it was held at a bar, so I could sip on brews while selling my stuffs. Pretty decent turn out and pretty cool stuffs for the first time around!



Le annual Art All Night: I had a broken foot and not many creative juices flowing, so I submitted a smaller than usual piece. Always a good time. :)

No comments: